I help busy faculty members who are being asked to do more with less increase and maintain their fitness and wellness while balancing the demands of an all encompassing career.
Like you, I’ve known the struggle to maintain health and wellness while balancing all that comes with being an Associate Professor. I’ve questioned whether to go to the gym or grade that last paper/answer that email. I know what it’s like to sit in long meetings. To have the urge to eat a whole box of cookies (and sometimes give in to that urge). Then came the pandemic, Zoom fatigue, and supporting students just got a whole lot more complicated. I’ve always been active, but that nagging feeling I should do more and better was a constant in my head.
I decided there must be a better way. So, I learned all I could about health and fitness. Got lots of certifications:
- Health Coach and Personal Trainer through the American Council on Exercise
- Personal trainer certificate through Northern Virginia Community College
- Precision Nutrition Level 1
- Trauma practioner
- Compassion Fatigue Professional
- GEAR Cycling instructor through AFAA
- Tang Soo Do instructor through the World Tang Soo Do Association
Along the way, I have been able to connect with wonderful people like you who need just that extra nudge to get healthy. You can do this! Contact me today.