These are the general guidelines and boundaries under which I work. They are in place to make sure that I can give you the best possible care and attention. Should you need more personalized assistance or help beyond the scope of my practice, I’m happy to provide additional resources or referrals.
My Virtual Assistant is Charlene Peters: email@example.com. Please contact her directly for any media inquiries or business inquiries.
- My typical working hours are from 1:30pm to 7pm, but may be seeing clients or in meetings during that time. I do not schedule early morning meetings.
- I schedule one-hour writing time per day on weekdays.
- I practice the habits that are sustaining. Therefore I take time for health and am not available 24/7/365.
- My scheduled office hours are 7:30-9pm on Thursdays. Please email me for the Zoom link. At this time, I do not have face-to-face office hours.
- As of 9/1/2021, I am unable to take on additional writing, research, review or consulting. This does not apply to projects and supervision I agreed to before this date.
- I’m happy to provide referrals for people who might need your needs.
Getting in Touch with Me
- Email or text are the best ways to contact me as I am typically not available to take calls unless scheduled in advance.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for a response to emails and 2-3 hours for a response to texts. I do not respond to texts after 9pm or before 10am.
- All calls go to voicemail and will be returned within 48 hours of receipt.
- I answer emails twice per day.
- Weekend meetings must be scheduled in advance.
- Saturday is my “technology free” day – I do not answer emails or check messages that day.
- For each meeting, an agenda will be created 7 days in advance and minutes will be generated with action plans. Those at the meeting are responsible for these action plans.
- Please be sure to consult all materials – this statement, syllabus, etc… before contacting me with questions.
- If you are in a course with me, written work will be returned within 2-7 days of the due date, but may be returned earlier if possible.
- If you would like a letter of reference, please email me at least two weeks in advance with the following information: 1) the nature of the reference (job, academic, etc…, 2) where the letter should be sent, 3) the due date, and 4) your most current resume.
Consulting and Business Questions
- If you are a coaching or ABA client, I want to coordinate care as much as possible with the other professionals on your team. Please fill out a release of information form, naming all of the professionals that you give me permission to converse with, so that I can make sure I am working with them. (Permission, of course, is always voluntary and can be revoked at any time.)
- Clients will be billed weekly, and bills are expected to be paid upon receipt.
- During conferences, I prefer to have a single room rather than share with others.
- I take two weeks of vacation per year where I do not see clients nor engage in work tasks.