Hi everyone! It has been quite a while since I have blogged here or posted on Facebook, but I promise there were very good reasons why!
- I, a Ph.D. Assistant Professor at an R1 institution, proudly enrolled in my local community college for a certificate in Personal Training. And proceeded to get my BUTT KICKED by an online anatomy and physiology course. More about that in a later blog.
- I did finish the Soldier Field 10-Mile. I was one of the last people, but I got a medal. And I wasn’t the very last. As I tried to pass out by the medal stand, a security guard told me I had to move on. They were trying to break down the stand and I was in their way. I would have to collapse somewhere else, I guess.
- I passed my ACE Personal Training Certificate test on the first try!
- I am also a Certified Clinical Trauma Professional and a Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional through the International Association of Trauma Professionals.
- I’m currently working on my Health Coach Certification.
- Oh, and I went to Sweden, and I got to have dinner where they give out the Nobel Prize.
So, I’ve been busy. I thought I wanted to go up for promotion this summer but decided to defer another year – it all seemed too rushed, and I wanted to be in a better place to take my time and do it right. Isn’t that what I have been preaching to all of you in this blog?
I have lots of ideas planned for the coming year. Some of the topics I plan to cover include:
- Defining compassion fatigue from a behavioral perspective
- Self-care for practical people
- Sleep and the academic
- Delegating – going from being the assistant to having assistants
- Paying attention to your body’s warning signals
- Keeping complaints and negative feedback from stressing you out
As always, if you have anything you would like me to cover, please drop me a line! Look for a new blog once a week. See you soon!